Add Baking Soda When You Cook Eggs –The Reason is Genius!
According to the experts, eggs old between 7 and 10 days are ideal for cooking and are the easiest to peel.
You have surely noticed that there are some eggs that you can peel without having any problem while other can cause problems, even though they were in the same box.
So, we have an amazing trick for you that will make your cooking much easier.
All you have to do is to add 1 teaspoon of baking soda while you cook the eggs. Older eggs are more alkaline, so you can peel them more easily while fresh eggs are less alkaline and it is more difficult to remove their shell.
Baking soda has the ability to increase their alkalinity, so you will be able to peel them without having any problems.
Here are some more tricks for the perfectly boiled eggs:
1. This trick will help you to find out how old the eggs are. You should put them in water and observe what will happen. If they sink horizontally (on the side) they are very fresh eggs.
The eggs that sink, but stand vertically are considered ideal for cooking while those eggs that come up to the surface are old.
2. If you want to get hard boiled eggs, you should put them in cold water and boil them. In his way, they have less chance to crack.
3. If you prefer eggs with a soft yolk, you should dip them in hot water using a tablespoon and make sure to measure the time. It depends on the size of the egg, but however you need about 3 minutes.
4. If you want to prevent cracking, you should heat the eggs before you put them in hot water. There are two ways to do this: you can take them out of the fridge and let them reach room temperature or leave them in hot tap water for a few minutes.
The extreme change of the temperature is the main cause that leads to cracking.
5. While cooking the eggs, make sure that all eggs are covered with water because they will not be cooked evenly. If you boil them too much, the egg white will be similar to gum while the egg yolk will become greenish in color.
6. If you want to get an omelet in a shell, you should shake the egg well before cooking it. This is known as “golden egg” as the inner side is yellow in color
7. This will help you to peel the eggs easily. After the boiling, you should add the eggs into cold water.